With one hand operation, the MFD10 provides the fastest measurements of capacitor values.
- Accuracy Â± 5%
- Range 0.01 to 10,000 MFD
- Soft carrying case included
- Test clip storage within case
- Leads clip to capacitor terminals
- LED display
- One button operation
- Operates on 3 'AAA' batteries (not included)
||0.01 to 10,000 MFD
|Use as continuity tester
|Confirms weak capacitors
|Identify unmarked capacitors
|Checks for open and shorted capacitors
|Verification of start and run capacitors|
HOW TO USE-
The capacitor tester can reliably test all capacitors from 0.01 MFD to 10,000 MFD.
This includes all types of start and run capacitors used in the refrigeration and air
conditioning industries. It is designed to meet all industrial specifications and
Slide the rear cover down and install (4) AA batteries. Observe polarity as
indicated on the bottom of the battery compartment
Set scale to 10 MFD. Separate clip leads so that no contact is made. Press the
activator button. If the batteries are good the display will read 8.888. If other
numbers appear this indicates that the batteries are weak and should be replaced.
1. Disconnect capacitor from all power sources.
2. Discharge capacitor. Failure to discharge capacitor
can cause the protective fuse to open.
3. Attach clip leads to capacitor terminals. It is important to assure good contact
to the capacitor terminals.
4. Set scale switch to expected capacitor value range. From 0.01 MFD to
10 MFD set scale switch to 10 MFD. For values over 10 MFD set scale
switch to 10,000 MFD. Press activator button. Value will be on LED display.
NOTE: When unit indicated a shorted capacitor, be sure to test the capacitor at
the higher range. Good capacitors above 10 MFD will indicate a shorted capacitor
(display will show 0.000) when tested on the low range. On the high range the
correct reading will be displayed.